Date: March 10, 2015 (Tuesday)
Time: 7:30 P.M.
Place: John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (directions)
Tickets: $30 general, online
[For details about the second night's performance, please click here]
Washington's own PostClassical Ensemble brings back "Iberian Mystics: The Confluence of Faiths" after a decade hiatus, this time to the Kennedy Center.
This performance features the inspirational confluence of Islamic, Catholic, and Jewish influences prior to the Reconquest (1492) as a distinctive feature of Iberian culture, culminating in Flamenco.
This is the first of two nights of performance.
- Traditional flamenco song and dance
- Works by Tomás Luis de Victoria, Manuel de Falla, and Joaquin Nin-Culmell
- Sephardic melodies
- Music of Al Andalus
- PostClassical Ensemble with Angel Gil-Ordóñez conducting
- Antonio Muñoz Molina - author
- Pedro Carboné - pianist
- Sonia Olla and Ismael de la Rosa - flamenco artists
- Ricardo Marlow - flamenco guitarist
- Trio Sefardi
- Al-Bustan Seeds of Culture
- Mariana Mihai-Zoeter - soprano
- Clark Young - host
- Luz Nicolas and Hashim El-Tinay - readers
Sponsors: John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts